Thursday, January 21, 2010

Imitations

I have been watching my 20 month old Grandman as he imitates our actions, facial expressions and tries to imitate our words. I love it when he follows Pappy's lead in doing exercises. We have fun trying out dances to the fun songs his toys play. We all are tickled when he imitates his cousins in play or even the dog! He is learning by imitation!

Imitation can mean that it is not the real thing, like imitation leather. When we imitate someone it may not be "Real" at first, but if we continue into a habit of the action it becomes ours to own as real.

I am an "Imitation" of Christ. I am not the real thing. I am only trying to be like Him. My imitation of Christ is real though. I have a heart desire to be like Him and as I imitate Him, I build the habit into my life, making his ways my own.

The point is that if you are looking for the real Savior, look to the real One: Jesus Christ. Don't look at me for His perfection. If you are looking for someone who is learning, growing and living to imitate, I will let you come with me. We can travel the imitation road together!

Jesus, You give me plenty to imitate! You are the perfect Holy One that is worthy of following! I have friends who walk with me as we follow You every day. Teach us, Lord! Open our eyes to see You and train us to be the people You want us to be! Let others follow me as I follow You, Lord Jesus!

I Corinthians 11:1 (ESV) "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ"
Ephesians 5:1 (ESV)"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children."

No comments: