Monday, April 30, 2012

Proverbs 29

Proverbs 29:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

I get embarrassed when my words slip out before I think. It most often gets me into trouble. Sometimes I say things to people I trust and they allow me time to admit my hasty judgments or mean words. But there are times when my hasty words are spoken in a crowd or to a stranger. It is those times when God steps in and speaks to me about the power of my speech.

My honest words can be foolish when said without thinking of time, place or consideration for another's position or condition. Taking time to choose my words and the time to speak them is a wise practice.

God of Truth and Giver of The Word, You speak truth in Love at all times. I don't always take care with my words. Sometimes they hurt others or even myself, maybe even You. Please forgive me! Thank you for sending Your precious Word into my life and speaking truth to me when i speak rashly. Set a guard over my mouth.

No comments: