Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walking in Truth

III John 4 says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

John says what our hearts long for, doesn't he? When our children follow in Jesus' footsteps, we find a joy that exceeds the happiness that comes with trophies, or degrees. We want to know that those who follow us on the road to eternity embrace the truth and tread carefully in order not to not fall to the enemy's deceptions.

Our children's children can be named in this heart longing as well. We all would like to see a long line of followers making their way to their final destination along the road of reality,not fantasy. Followers need leaders. A leader must be walking in truth in order to show others a clear direction. Grandparents can be chief in their families as wizened path finders, if they know the way.

Many times we ask "How?" How can we help lead our families in the right way when we, ourselves, stumble and fall? How can we point them in the right direction when we sometimes don't know which way to go? I suppose that is why I am so glad that God has made a way and given us a guide book to follow. He even sent us a Teacher, and then sent us a Personal Assistant to help us every day.

It is important for us to know that we can begin our walk in the Truth at any time. We can jump off of the circular track of deception and on to the high way. We only need to check out the Book to be introduced to The Teacher and He will send His Helper to get us on the right track.

You, God, are Truth. You are Good. You are The Way to the joy we seek. I am saddened to realize that I walk in circles far too often. I stray from Your truth and wander away from the good You prepare for me every day. Forgive me! I understand that, when I walk in truth, You are filled with joy because You love me and want the best for me. Thank You for providing all I need to walk in the right direction. I need You to be my Teacher, my Father, and my Helper.



No comments: