Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bullseye

Two weeks ago I made a trip to Colorado to visit my Mom. We had a great time. I am so happy I got to see her new place. We did many fun things together but it was on my way home that something remarkable happened to me!

Many years ago I read that sometimes when flying you can see a rainbow that is a complete circle. I've always wanted to see one, but like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I thought it would never really happen. That is why I was amazed on my trip back home.

Having a window seat, I was entranced as we wove our way through clouds and over lakes and cities on our way home. Coming into Orlando we were flying through big fluffy clouds and came through a clear space with low flat clouds lying between the plane and the earth. Suddenly there was a circle of rainbow lying on the cloud! Even more astonishing was the bright white inner circle that held a sharp shadowed image of the plane! It was an awesome sight, and as I turned to share it with my seat mate, it disappeared.

I've contemplated that wonderful sight over these past two weeks. It seemed as if God was shining a spotlight on the plane and framed it with His rainbow. The truth I came away with after seeing this wonderful sight was that God sees us. He not only sees us, but His vision of us is perfect, bright, and framed with His loving promises. Yes, He does keep us under His watchful eye and frames His perfect vision of us with a rainbow of promise.

God of Promise and beauty, Thank You for showing me this perfect vision. You are The God who delights in revealing Himself to us! I pray that I will never forget Your watchful eye is on me. I never want to forget that You love me. I need your vision and Your promise. Thank You!

No comments: