Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Proverbs Fifteen

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Years ago I took ballet lessons. I was a Mommy to an aspiring dancer and decided to take lessons as exercise. The adult class was fun, and we were asked to participate in the end of the year recital. Outfits were selected and we practiced hard for our dance just like the other classes.

The night of the recital I was so very nervous. I was so unsure of myself and even a bit embarrassed to be on stage where everyone would see me. I prayed and told God that I wanted Him to be pleased. When the music began, and I became lost in the dance. Throughout the dance I felt God's eyes fixed on me. Like a beloved daughter, I danced for my Heavenly Daddy! I believed He smiled like the proud Father He is.

That was one of my proudest moments, but I have had moments far less. I know that God has also seen me at my worst. He has seen inside my heart when my words stung and my heart was full of anger toward one of His other beloved children. He has seen my every action and knows every motivation and thought. Every failure is seen in His light. His eyes are perfect.

My Father's eyes keep watch over me in good times and bad. He also watches over the evil ones who would defile His name and harm His children. Great love! He watches with love. He watches, waiting for us to watch Him and follow his ways. His way is love.

Watcher of Men, You love perfectly! You do not exclude those who fail to return Your love. I am ashamed that I have not always watched You love me and returned love back to You! Forgive me. I know it must break Your heart when You watch me turn away from Your love. Thank You for loving, forgiving, and blessing me. I want to be like You. Help me watch others as You watch me!

No comments: