Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why Write?

For weeks I have asked myself the question, "Why write?" A battle is raging inside of me, and I am ready to find peace.

I believe the battle is being waged by spiritual forces coming against my thoughts and desires. The enemy would like very much to stop the good work that is being done through my words. Even now I hear his whisper telling me "If there is any good." He lies,accuses, and makes me distrust the only One with which I can trust my life, my work and my purpose.

I confess that I have fallen into his sly trap for far too long. I want to be strong and resist, but it is so easy to believe that my thoughts and ramblings have no value. It is true that without the Spirit of God working in me my words are blots on a page. There are times when I write for my own satisfaction, my own glory, and with my own feeble earth-bound thoughts. But many times I begin to write with earth-bound thoughts and discover the Spirit rise up and carry my words to higher places. That is why I write!

My shield of faith is "And the Lord said to me, 'Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2 TLB

Creator God, Father of The Word and source of my words, forgive me for allowing the enemy to steal Your glory. forgive me for letting him take away my purpose. Thank You for calling me to write for Your purpose. Teach me to listen to Your voice and silence the enemy for Your sake! I write for You and that fills my heart.

No comments: