Sunday, March 25, 2012

Proverbs 21

Proverbs 21:30 "No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord."

Argue with God? I know it is pointless to do so, but I do try every now and then. Most often it is when He whispers in my ear to do some kind deed for a stranger, or a loving gesture towards my husband after a disagreement, or interrupting my day with a phone call to a friend. Yes, I argue. I put on my smarty pants and tell Him that my day is full or my side of the disagreement is righteous, or what if I embarrass the stranger (or myself?). My arguments do not stand.

Nothing that I say or do can stand up against Gods' wisdom. I can never fully understand His reasonings, but He always understands the underlying truth of my reasoning. It is not my place to give counsel to God. Who do I think I am?

Jacob wrestled with God. He bore the marks of that struggle for his entire life. Job was put in his right place by God who holds all the answers to all of the questions. I may not stop wrestling and arguing with God, but He will always come out on top! I can only hope for God to bless me because of or in spite of my arrogance to argue with God.

Holy Amazing God of wisdom understanding and counsel, you are unbeatable! Forgive my arrogance to think i could change Your mind. Thank You for allowing me to wrestle my thoughts with You, and thank You for always winning! Work Your way in me even when I seem to want to go my own way.

No comments: