Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Proverbs Twenty

Proverbs 20:5 The purpose in a man's heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out.


I am participating in the Significant Woman course offered by our church. It is the second time I am working through the book with many other women who are walking the journey with me.

Last Monday, we began looking at our core values that help to define our unique purpose. Our leader, Marilyn, reminded us again that it is not an easy task. She said it is like peeling an onion. We are to pull back layer by layer and discover what lies deeper and deeper. I am certain that this is why my second time in this course has been more revealing.

I am learning that though I find my purpose, and begin walking faithfully in it, I will still find layers to pull back and discover. It occurs to me that it is a wise and exciting God who would make the way to fulfilling our purpose so interesting , never boring and so enriching!

God, You are a surprising God! You surprise me with new revelations every day! You are deep and I must dive deep into You to find myself! I need You to coax me, Lord, because I am sometimes fearful and fail to seek after You. Thank You for being the mystery I need. Thank You for the clues You leave behind. Thank You for drawing me into You! Keep the mystery going, Lord. I want to yearn for the discovery of You and the creation You made in me.

No comments: