Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Proverbs 30

Proverbs 30:8-9
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny You and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.




Balance is having enough, not too much or too little. My dreams, however, almost always shower me with the wanting of too much. Real life sometimes finds me thinking I have too little: too little money, time, or energy. Wisdom lies in a balance. As a child of God, trusting Him for all I need is my key to being blessed with enough. It is the presence of God in my life that supplies me with MORE than enough!



Father, You are more than enough. You are Good and give generously for my needs. Oh, but Lord, I often think I need so much more. I think I am deprived of so much. I am so blind and selfish! Thank You for reminding me over and over that my needs are so much less than my dreams. Thank You for letting my dreams reach for You. Heal my blindness, Lord and walk with me as I surrender my selfish will. Give me only that which is needful for me so that You will be glorified through me.


No comments: