Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Justice

Justice cannot be served unless the WHOLE truth is known. I thank God that He knows all truth, even mine, and yet has mercy for HIS children.

The above statement was my response after much heart searching and seeking God about the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. My heart was in conflict from the beginning. I never want to think that a Mom could take the life of their children, unborn or otherwise. I was, however convinced of Casey's guilt and more so after seeing what evidence the prosecution had. Yes, I understand that they had nothing to link her directly, but the circumstances do point to her.

I struggled over the verdict because I wanted justice to be done. I want the who, what, where, why, and how questions to be fully answered, but this is one of those circumstances where I must put my trust in a just and holy God who will bring us all to accountability for our deeds.

And, so, I have come to realize that in EVERY case, in every life, there is NO justice without the entire truth being known. In that truth, I must accept that the only true justice will happen in front of the judgement seat of God. Here on this earth we can only judge rightly by studying the KNOWN facts and handing down judgement accordingly.

The jurors in the Casey Anthony case did their best. The prosecutors did their best, and even though I do no agree with his methods, Mr. Baez also did his best and with passion. The case is closed. Casey will face a just God someday. If He finds her innocent then He will also know the truth of who is guilty and will judge him or her.

Holy and Just God of all, You are the only righteous judge. I thank You for seeing the truth that lies within me and judging me fairly and yet with an amazing mercy that I can never fully comprehend. Thank You for Your Son Jesus who took the punishment for my sin. May it be that the Anthony family will find Your mercy as well. Help me to be a voice of truth in this matter. I trust You!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clarification: My blog post was not meant to be a commentary on guilt or innocence, nor of the verdict reached. I wanted to focus on God and His justice. My thoughts on the matter mean nothing.

We, as imperfect human beings, cannot know the entire truth of ANY situation! Because of this our justice, no matter how close we get, will be imperfect.

The only TRUE justice for all of us will come from an all-knowing God who judges rightly and who is Truth. He will judge and hand out mercy.

I continue to be filled with gratitude that He sent His Son, Jesus, to stand in my place for all the sins I have committed.

Thank you all for reading. I pray I have made myself clear as to my intentions with this blog.