Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Proverbs 24

Proverbs 24:12 If you say, "Behold, we did not know this," does not He who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not He who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will He not repay man according to his work?

My 18 month old Grandlady, Abigail, answers most every question with a shrug and, "I don't know." We ask where her cup is or if she made a mess and her answer is always the same: "I don't know." It is very cute and funny, but there will come a time when she will need to learn that it is best to tell the truth and own up to the choices she makes.

Sometimes I know the answer to the question I pose to Abi. It is a test to see how she will answer. I cannot always decipher what is in her heart, but I can watch for signs in her facial expressions and body language. There is only One who can read her heart and mine.

There are times that I am tempted to cover up my heart condition before God by denial or by making excuses of other kinds. But God knows. He has weighed my heart in His scarred hands. He has kept a careful eye on my heart and sees its inner workings.

This past week I sat before the Lord frustrated and confused by the assignment for the Significant Women Class I am attending. I have sought out my inner workings and tried to make sense of them through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. But, I could not settle in peace the truths I thought I was writing down. Then, I heard Him: the Watcher of my soul, the One who has weighed my heart, spoke truth into my confusion. He said that I was trying to put the wrong puzzle piece into the puzzle set before me. It was then I knew the truth. It was then I found peace.

All-Knowing God, You are the scales upon which my heart is laid. You are just in Your determination of me. You see fully and completely. You KNOW me. You know my name. You know my heart. You know my purpose, because You created me. I am saddened to see myself searching the ways of men to discover what You have given. Forgive me! Thank You for knowing, for forgiving, for rebuilding what I have messed up. Make my heart weigh heavy with You. Watch over me and make me accountable to You in all I do.

No comments: