Sunday, April 29, 2012

Proverbs 28

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed is the one who fears the Lord always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity. Hard heart. How many times do I read the Word, pray or sing the words that could change my heart toward God, but close my heart even in the doing? My heart is hardened so quickly. Like water crystalizing into ice, I allow the atmosphere to freeze my heart into silence or immobility. A hard heart does not beat. It has no life. Fear. The fear of the Lord can make a heart beat faster, pulsating with passion and sending a life beat into the body ready for action. I fear Him and my heart takes action and my heart moves my hands and feet! Fearsome and Holy God, You are worthy. Melt my heart of stone and wash it pure with Your blood. Thank You for sending Your Life to redeem mine! Awaken my hard heart to Your fearful presence!

No comments: