Friday, April 13, 2012

Proverbs 26

Proverbs 26:12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

I cannot name names or even tell direct stories about myself or others who have built themselves up, thinking that they knew the answers to life's problems. I imagine we all have been there at one time or another. Sometimes it is even when we are acting in behalf of humility.

Proverb 26:12 states clearly that fools are better off than the man or woman who lifts himself up as the ultimate expert. God has even made people blush when His possibilities over shadow their impossibilities. He made a donkey talk. He let the children of Israel cross a sea walking on dry land! He became a man and walked among us!

It is not so important to have all the answers or even some of them. It is important to know the One who does and to allow ourselves to be taught from Him

Almighty Wise and Omniscient God, You own all the answers that I might ever have need of knowing! You have made it known through Your Word that You are willing to share Your wisdom with men. I have no wisdom of my own. I must remember that my thoughts can never reach the heights of Your thoughts. Thank You for generously offering, anyone who might ask, Your wisdom. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me daily! Help me to lean on You and not on my own understanding!

No comments: