Monday, April 9, 2012

Proverbs 25

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.

Words are important to me. I try very hard to say the right things at the right times even if the saying of them is a difficult task. Truth often can be bittersweet. I also love to hear words from a loving and truthful foundation. The first hearing can be painful, but the meditation on that word can become a source of strength.

This past weekend Patrick came to me with a word that was beautiful to me. He said he wanted to get me an Easter basket but knew i didn't need the candy and he could not think of what else I would want. Sweet! Gold and silver could not have given me more joy! His truth wrapped in love and graciousness was a delicious treat that filled my heart. I heard more than his words. I heard love, blessing and kindness. It was a word fitly spoken.

Amazing God of resurrection power and love, You are the Word fitly spoken. You are the source of rich delight. Though I fail to always treasure Your word as I should, I want to grow deeper in my appreciation and love of Your Word. Thank You for giving us life giving words. Thank You for the newness of Your word every time I open it. I yearn to go deeper, Lord. Draw me into Your truth until it is my very own life!

No comments: