Monday, November 26, 2012

My Tribute

The other day, I listened to some old music I've had around for a while. One song gave me pause. The song, My Tribute, by Andrae Crouch, made me ask the question,just like the song says, "How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me?"

No words or deeds could equal His gift of Jesus to the world. The fact that nothing can measure up to God's great presence in our lives cannot be an excuse to keep our praise and thanksgiving silent. Our lives must be a continual effort to give our Lord thanks.He deserves it.

My thanks is my life lived for Jesus the best I am able. It will never be enough but I must try.

Holy Father, You are the Giver of all good things. You are the generous One who far exceeds what we deserve or can ever expect. You are worthy to be glorified! Thank You for the life You give me each day. Help me to live a life of gratitude. I want to give You glory even though it may fall short of what You deserve. I am Yours. I live thanks because of You.

My Tribute

Verse 1
How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me,
Things so undeserved,
Yet You gave to prove Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be,
I owe it all to Thee.

Chorus
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power He has raised me,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.


Verse 2
Just let me live my life,
Let it be pleasing, Lord, to Thee,
And if I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power He has raised me,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.

© 1971 Bud John Songs, Inc.
Words and Music by Andrae Crouch

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CBKk713hL0

I could close my eyes and listen to it all day. I love guitar music, and am watching the player go to frets I can only imagine playing.

To God be the glory, I love the song so much, I learned to sing it in ancient Hebrew.

It always brings God's closeness to my heart when I hear it.

I am always amazed that He is interested in my life, when His is so much bigger and more creative. But only because of His leading can we really experience a fulfilled life, and all the glory belongs to him for that.

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CBKk713hL0

I could listen to this music all day.

I can only give glory to God, because I already know I am not strong enough to do what I am doing in my own right.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy! It must be awesome to know it in Hebrew!