Friday, November 2, 2012

A Sign of Thanks

O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His loving kindness is everlasting.
1 Chronicles 16:34

“We cannot bless God without Him first blessing us.” Unknown (maybe Spurgeon)



My Grandlady, Abi, sends her Mom off to work each day with three kisses blown from her tiny fingertips. In the evening, she leaves with three kisses blown towards me. It is a precious moment of showing love and a special connection we have with her.

When I worship my Savior, one of my favorite signs is the one for “Thank You.” It is a simple movement, like blowing someone a kiss. My voice speaks the words or my mind thinks the thought of the goodness and wonder of our Lord. My fingertips touch my lips and then reach out to the heavens. In this simple movement my gratitude is deepened.My prayer of thanksgiving is sent to the Father on the wings of a kiss.

Interpreting praise and worship songs through sign language and movement gives me a greater sense of being in the presence of God and communicating with Him in a personal way. Someone once told me that it was like dancing before the Lord. It is a
joyful expression of what is in my heart as I sing words extolling His praise.

Goodness reaches down to me through the touch of my Heavenly Father. My sign of thanks reaches toward heaven and the nail scarred hand of my Savior. Thanksgiving has connected my heart to God.

Father God, You are high and lifted up! You are the King and deserving of my heart-filled gratitude spoken in praise. I send my thanks for Your goodness born on the wings of a kiss and fingertips reaching out to You alone.


By Carolynn J. Scully @2012

No comments: