Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do Unto Others

The Golden Rule is to do to others as you want them to do to you. This is a great way to live a life free from guilt and regrets, but what about the times when others do not return your kindnesses?

I have found that many times I will do for others hoping they will get the hint and do the same for me. when they don't I feel hurt and unloved. The problem does not start with them but what is in my heart!

Doing good to others so I can get good in return should not be my motivation for doing what is right. Selfishness and self centeredness can never be the foundation for our good works. Good deeds should flow from a heart of love.

Father, You love purely. Teach me to do the same! Set Your golden rule deep within my heart so that I might love like You!

No comments: