Wednesday, July 1, 2009

U.S.A.

I think that most people would agree that our beloved country is on a fast and furious downward spiral. We are losing ground as a nation under God, and as the most powerful nation on earth. It is most tragic to note that we have chosen this path ourselves through our blind-folded eye as we vote.

What will become of us? Only God truly knows, but I have my own opinion. I believe that we as citizens are allowing ourselves to become slaves to our government. We no longer are the directors of our fate. We have handed our rights and freedoms over to our greedy, godless, government. It is a time of grief for those who remember the wonderful pride we had in our leaders, our heritage and our strength. We are fading fast and will soon be living under the rule of men who would dictate our every move. All the while our hearts cry out for freedom!

This Fourth of July I pray that we will remember that we are a country for the people and by the people, not a people whose lives are directed by a few men and women in the seat of power that we have elected. I pray that we will remember that we have GOD-GIVEN rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I pray we remember, because if we do not remember we will be forgotten.

Almighty King and Lord of the Universe, You are our sovereign ruler. You alone hold power over men. You are Good and Righteous. You offer freedom and hope to the oppressed. I pray that my fellow beloved countrymen would turn our hearts back to You. Allow me to be one voice crying out for You in this dark age!

No comments: