Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hush

Shhh. Be still and listen!

By the way, how many voices do you need to hush before you come into the silence? I have quite a few. Music, TV, computer, grandchildren, children, spouse, and even those voices in my own head that are relentless in trying to gain my attention. It is a multi-level task to get them all silenced at the same time, but it is worth the effort.

What do you hear when you quiet yourself? You see, when I walk into the silence, it is then that I begin to hear the sounds of my Creator working in me, around me, and for me. It is His voice I need to hear. I must hear! It is His word that reveals myself and Himself. In the quiet I can hear clearly the only voice that is worthy to be treasured.

I love the words to a song long ago sung but never forgotten: "Speak ,Lord, I long (or love) to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am."

Hush, Let us listen to His voice.

Speak , Lord, I am listening!
Post a Comment