Monday, January 16, 2012

Proverbs Eight

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Proverbs 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord.

Seeking and finding. I am reminded of playing hide and seek as a child. Looking in every hiding place to find friends who are trying to avoid me. Hmmmm. Is God hiding?

I guess in some ways God is hiding. He is asking us to diligently seek Him. He is in plain sight yet we do not recognize Him immediately. I also think that He knows our need to have adventure. When we believe a treasure exists, we will look for it. He wants to be our treasure. He wants to be our prize!

I am so glad God promises the finding. There is no doubt that He wants to reveal Himself to us. We desire and crave love. Love is our motivation to seek the only One who is love. We love Him by seeking Him daily. In loving Him and seeking Him we find Love and life.

Lord God, You have designed us to love. Life itself is a gift of love from You. Seeking You is hard sometimes. I see the hard things in life and my vision is clouded. I have difficulty finding You in the hard times. forgive me for not looking deeper. Thank You for Your creation where You hide in plain view! Help me to find You and never let me give up the search!

No comments: