Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Proverbs Two

Proverbs 2:4-5 "If you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

I love to read. Books intrigue and inspire me. I own a room full of books of many kinds. When I shop at book stores, I look at titles and the cover picture to get an idea about the book's contents. If I like what I see I may read the jacket or a passage or two, but I will not know what special places that book will take me until I buy it and begin to read.

The Scriptures are full of wonderful insights into living a life in relationship with God and others. Its treasures can never be fully uncovered. I guess that is why I can't stop reading it. I love the thrill of finding the priceless treasure hidden within its pages. The Word longs to be found. He has made Himself known to those who hunt for Him. When I take the time to read and reread the Bible I become rich in knowing God. I would be wise to enjoy the hunt and dig deep whenever I can!

God, my Father, You are the treasure I seek. You are worthy to be sought and yet I I sometimes read Your precious Word carelessly. I sift through the words without digging deep to find the Truth and the amazing revelations that You have hidden. Father, thank You for making this a fun and interesting way to get to know You! Thank You for hiding Yourself within these pages, words and stories so that I can find YOU! I want to know You more!

No comments: