Saturday, January 21, 2012

Proverbs Ten

Proverbs 10: 17 Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.

"This is my choice. I can do what I want as long as I don't hurt anyone." I have heard this excuse and maybe have even used it myself to make bad choices seem okay. Unfortunately it is not true. We do have freedom to choose, but our actions speak loudly to others who are watching and may follow in to sin.

It is especially harmful to the naive and the children who look to us for guidance. We can choose our own path leading to life or to destruction. Our choice can lead them to life or destruction.

It may be a very wise thing to turn around and look to see if anyone is following us. We may find children, friends, neighbors or even strangers watching our ways and deciding their choices by the ones we make. No one walks this world without someone following. For the sake of those who follow, we should step carefully. I have a favorite song that says, "Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful." Good words to live by!

Faithful God, you have asked us to follow Your Son, Jesus. He is a wise Leader because He followed You! I need Your forgiveness for those times when my eyes desire to follow those going the wrong way. I need Your forgiveness for not caring about those who follow me onto the wrong path. Thank You for being my hope and my Good Leader! Light my path with Your wisdom. Help me to hold Your lamp for others to follow!

No comments: