Thursday, January 12, 2012

Proverbs Four

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.

The word "Ponder" in this passage could also be translated "Make level." either way it makes a lot of sense.

Our son had to move back into our house for a few moths until he finds a place and/or a roommate. With all of his things here I had to move the babies into one room. The problem was that they were not taking good naps when their beds were together. A new plan had to be made. I moved one of the pack-n-play beds to my room. It now sits right by my side of the bed.

There is only about six inches between the two beds. It is important for me to watch my feet when I pass by because it would be easy to stub my toe or even trip over the various parts of the beds. I need to be sure that my feet are landing on a safe/level place.

I I sometimes sing the little song with my grandchildren about "Be careful little feet where you go....for the Father up above is looking down with love, so be careful little feet where you go. It is a reminder to me as an adult to watch my steps. My steps will lead me to God or away from Him.

It seems to be important to consider the direction my life is going. I must be careful to watch for things that may trip me or cause me to stumble. When surrounded by the world, and all its temptations, I must choose my steps carefully. There is wisdom in pondering the path of my feet.

Father God of light, You are the light for my path. You lift me up when I stumble. You are my strength and my guide. I stumble along the path many times. I want to walk sure, but I often fail to watch for the traps of the enemy. Forgive me, Lord! Thank You for holding my hand and walking close to me always. Teach me Your ways. I need You!

No comments: