Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Proverbs Three

Proverbs 3:7-8 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Proverbs3:15 She (wisdom) is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare to her.

Wisdom does not begin with myself. I cannot look in the mirror and see wisdom looking back through my eyes. Oh, there are moments when I think I am pretty smart; times when I think I am the wisdom others need in their lives. But I am so wrong!

The wisdom that springs from my lips in those rare times, is the presence and the voice of the Holy Spirit working through me. Wisdom adorns my words like bracelets, earrings, rings, and necklaces adorn me. They are not me but a beautiful adornment that gives a sparkle to my eyes.

God shares wisdom and beauty, healing and refreshment are born in me! The trinkets I desire are dull and lifeless compared to her!

Father God, Jesus Lord, and Spirit of Wisdom and Holiness, You are priceless beauty. I am worth nothing without You. I have no wisdom to voice without You. Thank You for adorning my words with your gems of insight and wisdom. I desire more of You. I desire the diamonds, pearls, sapphires and rubies that You give. Your wisdom is precious to me!

No comments: