Friday, July 16, 2010

Dandelion Dew


This picture was sent to me by email. I don't know who took the picture but it is fabulous! It is simply dew on a dandelion. Kudos to the photographer!
Seeing this makes me wonder if I could ever choose man made beauty over this kind of God breathed majesty. I certainly know my limitations in creating beautiful things. I have seen artwork that stuns me with the amazing talent it takes to draw from ordinary materials and birth a unique creation, but God surpasses them all.
What do you see in this picture? I see beauty, but even more than that I see life! I see life in its most fragile state. One wisp of a breath could shatter the glorious balance of dandelion dew. I also want to see myself in this picture. I want to see the weeds of my soul sprinkled with living water. I want the things that are weedy in me to be used to glorify the One and Only Creator.
Creator God, You are Amazingly Brilliant in how You make the world come together. You teach and reveal Yourself through Your Creation. You open our eyes to see You in the tiniest and the grandest displays! Thank You for letting us see Your glory.

No comments: