Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Joy Lost

There are times in our lives when expected joys become lost. New parents dream so much for their children. Once those children walk into adulthood their choices bring joy or sadness to those expectations. The joy is lost or found.

Must we set aside all expectations of the joy we want to experience? Is it wiser to wait without expectation for the joys of accomplishment and celebrations over carefully made choices and godly living? I do not think so. Without anticipation and expectation children will surely choose the easy road. Expectations are the guard rails that keep them headed in the right direction.

Our Heavenly Father gave us His list of expectations on tablets of stone. The Commandments give us a vision of what will bring joy to our Fathers' heart. Joy was lost with sin, but there is great rejoicing in heaven when even one soul turns back to ask forgiveness and begins to live with a heavenly purpose.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!(Psalm 30:5)

Heavenly Father, You are our source of Joy! Your joy is our strength! I want to be a joy for You, but I so often fail. Thank You for making a way for me to return to You in joy and restore the lost enjoyment because of my sin. Teach me how to expect the best and forgive the worst as You do. I want to be like You!

No comments: