Saturday, August 30, 2008

Laying Down our Burdens

There are so many times when I think my problems are so huge and so heavy! I consider others to have it easy, or at least they are handling things better than me. When I really take a look, I find them carrying burdens sometimes much greater than mine.

I see women caring for husbands who suffer through disease or injury. I know of moms and dads who suffer the heartbreak of children following a dangerous or painful path. I have witnessed anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness. I see and I hurt for them. I see them and hurt because my burdens hold me back from reaching out to help them in their need. I am needy too. I need a place to lay my burdens down. We all do!

"Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."
Psalm 68:19

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yole is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: