Monday, November 24, 2008

My Big God!

How big is my God?

He reveals Himself in much bigger ways than I expect. I must admit I sometimes limit God to the minor everyday miracles. He always seems to be able to help me find my keys or to give me peace in a difficult situation. I admit, though, that there are times when I glimpse His Bigness! I cannot fathom even a small portion of His immense glory but being a witness to that piece is humbling, inspiring, awesome and mind-blowing!

The question I need to ask myself is why I limit God in the in-between. Why do I fail to believe He can make a difference in my life for those mid-sized problems, dreams or goals? Good question but I don't really have any real answers. I need to color in my belief to include those heal-my-hurts, open-the-doors-to-my-dreams, or fix-my-relationship problems. He can do it! He is able because He is big enough to create a diverse and magnificent universe, flood the earth or part the seas. He is not too big to reveal where I left my keys or send a friend to lift my spirits. He is ready to reach out to me in the big and small things as well as everything in between!

My big God fits inside my heart!

No comments: