Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Watch

To watch or not to watch; that is the question.

All indications point to this election as being a nail biter. Do I really want to stay up into the wee hours of the morning like I did the first election of President Bush? I don't really want that. Neither do I think I can sit and watch the numbers as if I were at a sporting match rooting for my team to win. There is too much at stake! In the end, will waiting until tomorrows' headlines be the sanest and least stressful way to learn the outcome of this debate of what course our country will follow?

My intent is to ignore as much as possible the hype and commentary that will cover the news in red, white and blue. The problem is that my heart has been invested in the political races from the beginning and I may find myself pulled by the magnet of hope and intense desire for the best.

As I lay my head down to sleep tonight I pray that I will find rest and peace, sweet dreams and the truth of knowing that God is sovereign and He is in control and above all He is good, wholly good no matter what the outcome of man's vote.

No comments: