Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthdays & Other Celebrations

We celebrated three birthdays this weekend. Two were enjoyed long distance and one was with our family here! We also celebrated the great start to the cheer leading and gymnastics seasons for our granddaughters! Our grandman, Scott is starting preschool today so we marked his big step with a party. It was a busy, smiling weekend! We have a great reason to rejoice because the family we put the spot light on are loved greatly!

Patrick's sister, Crystal, turned_____ * on Saturday, August 21. She lives in south Florida so we did not get to see her but greetings were sent, via mail, Facebook and phone. Crystal is a caregiver for her husband, Alan. She is kind and loving to him even when it is hard for her. She is a grand hostess when people come to visit. Crystal has a shining brilliant heart filled with love.

My sister, Chris, also had a birthday Saturday. It was her _____ * birthday! Living in Colorado left us miles apart for her celebration, but again we made use of all methods to let her know we loved her and we are happy she is in the family. Chris is a gifted writer and creative mind. she has spent her entire career working for the people of her church. The hours she spends teaching, administrating and doing it all with a flair is amazing! Everyone would be blessed to have her on their team!

Our Son-in-law, Cliff, celebrated his birthday here with us. Actually today is his _____* birthday. The family joined to sing and share cake and ice cream for him last night. It was noisy and fun and tasty! I am glad all the cake is gone! Cliff is a prankster, creative mind, and hard worker. He is a tough Dad when he needs to be, but oh so gentle too.

Paige hit all her stunts at the preseason football warm up games. She is a flier this year and her petite size as well as her showmanship, make her perfect for that role. She loves the crowd. She works hard both at practice and at home so she can be her best. Paige will shine on the field this year!

Brooke surprised us all with the improvements she has made over the past six weeks at her new gym! She spruced up each routine and improved her scores! Brooke seems to practice all the time. She sets goals and masters them. She will be amazing at the meets this year!

Grandman Scott, has started preschool today. I enjoyed putting puzzles together with him last night and though I would ask about school and he would just say, "No," I know he will love it! I will miss him though!

The fun thing about watching our loved ones reach milestones is that we go through a milestone also. We grow and become new as our loved ones reach those special moments. We let go. We learn. We follow their lead. We pray more. We are changed.

Today I am sharing my family and their milestones with you. I am also offering you the insight that I, too, am reaching for milestones. Some, like letting go of my time with Grandman Scott, change me more than others, but they all bring me close to God in prayer.

Father, you are the head of my family. You created each of us and brought us together in special ways. You are the One who makes the perfect plan for our lives and You offer that plan to us. You do not force Your will, but allow us to accept it freely. I don't always allow that same freedom for my family, but I want to be more like You in that way. Thank You for modeling for me the best way to love and live with each other. I need You to lead me through these milestones!

( * ages have been withheld to avoid any problems with loved ones.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow this sounds like you had a busy and exceptional weekend. I think it was funny that you withheld ages of all involved. It made my mind skip a bit and was fun to read how it was written.

Unknown said...

I wanted to tell their ages, but hadn't asked them so I withheld. For me i like people to know my age! God has given me nearly 59 years of LIFE ! what could be bad about that?