Monday, August 2, 2010

Asking

Today I had a big prayer request for God. I had put off asking because so many other people seemed to have greater needs than mine. It was only when I heard the Spirit of God remind me that His word says that I have not because I don't ask, and when I ask I don't ask in the right way, with the right heart. So, I asked.

I'd like to say the answer has arrived with all the bells and whistles, but it hasn't, not yet, anyway. I am expecting an answer, even if it isn't exactly what my heart desires. I won't manipulate to get my own way. I won't "claim" my answer. I won't forget that God loves me and gives good gifts to His children. I asked. I told Him all that I wanted. Now I "Claim" who He is in my life and let Him be enough for me.

Abba Father, you are the giver of all good gifts. You are wise and all knowing. You are the only one who loves me perfectly, and in Your love I can be sure that You want to bless me with my hearts desires. I am selfish at times and I want so much. I know that in the world my prayer may be seen as too much, but I know You are able. Thank You for listening to my requests. Thank You for making plans to bless me. Thank You for being all I need. I know that You will supply all my needs according to Your riches. I need to hear Your voice and see You in every circumstance. I want to be in Your presence.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Two weeks ago my oldest grand daughter, McCaela, was visiting with me. She wanted me to make sleeves for a costume I had made for earlier. I’m not particularly good at working without a pattern, but I told her I would try. After a few false starts and the ruination of the fabric she brought with her, I was exhausted and quickly running out of time. We made a trip to JoAnn’s, purchased new fabric.
I sat down to complete the task before me, I took the thread out of the machine in order to thread the new color into it. I went totally blank, I literally could not remember how to thread my sewing machine. Time was running out. I’m staring at the sewing machine asking God to please remind me “how do I thread this thing” . . . . . no answer. Then an old memory comes to me, a person I know has a blood meter to test for high or low sugar and every time they have to reload it they forget the process and look it up on the computer. I called to Caela “I have a Singer 5701 look on the net and see if they have a threading schematic”, it was right there and I finished the project just in time.
The answer did not come in the way I had expected, the way it did come made it obvious to me that it came from God alone. I’m convinced that He is working on your behalf right now, I will add my prayer to yours.

Unknown said...

Great story, Connie, and thanks for the extra prayers.

Connie Arnold said...

I think knowing that God is all we need and will supply our needs is a big answer to prayer! We just can't see the specific answer that we want often, but it seems like we should always pray for our needs and trust God to help things work out according to His plan for our lives. Thank you for sharing your faith, Carolynn!

Anonymous said...

I love this, "am expecting an answer, even if it isn't exactly what my heart desires. I won't manipulate to get my own way". What love and devotion you have for the Lord. God bless you!