Friday, August 20, 2010

Time

An on line friend of mine has said that "There is enough time to do all that God wants you to do." That gives me hope!

Enough time! That is almost a foreign concept isn't it? I am always making the excuse that I just don't have enough time. So, what is the truth? Do I have enough time or not? Is the key in the phrase, "To do what God wants me to do?"

There are times when I am overburdened with needs, problems, and chores as well as all of the things I want to do! But are all those things part of God's plan for my life?

God's word reveals that there is a season and a time for everything God wants me to do. There is a time to be born, die, plant, pluck up, kill, heal, weep, laugh, mourn, dance, cast away and gather stones, embrace and refrain from embracing, seek, lose, keep, throw away, tear, sew, be quiet, speak, love, hate, make war, and be at peace. (see Eccl. 3) He has given us time. He has given us purpose. He has given enough time to fulfill our purpose.

The question is, how am I using my time? Good question.

Eternal Father, You are the time Keeper. You are the bestower of purpose. You wait patiently and provide abundantly. I run out of time only when I am not in Your will. I have enough time when I stay focused on Your plan for my life. Thank You for time. Thank You for life abundant! Thank You for using me to accomplish Your will on earth! You are more than enough for me!

No comments: