Monday, July 28, 2008

Captivating

In a few weeks I will again be teaching a series at church based on the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It is a facinating book that brings women through the process of understanding how God created them in His image. Though I have read the book three times and will reread it for this class, I continue to be healed, inspired, and drawn closer to the heart of God.

I need the teaching as much as the women to whom I teach. I need to hear again and again that God has chosen me for a special purpose and that I am uniquely qualified to reveal something of God to the world. As I begin to prepare I am humbled and lifted up. If only the struggle to remain in the truth were not so difficult and oh, how wonderful our God is to love me like He does!

I am inviting my class to come along with me on an adventure to find ourselves and to mark the trail lest we get lost again. Would you like to come too? You are welcome to participate if you live nearby. Just contact me, and I'll get you signed up! If you only share through the blog, I will try to give you a tidbit of the class each week. You can read the book too!

Let's fall deeper in love with Jesus, Find friends, and have fun!

No comments: