Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation is over

I gave a deep sigh of relief when we arrived back home from vacation. Ten days is a long time for me to be away from home, computer and my routines. I am glad to be home even though I experienced many delights on our trip.

Sharing vacations can sometimes become like home movies to those on the outside, so I will try not to bore my readers with unnecessary details. I would like to share some wonderful insights that came from my trip. These may take me a few days to unwind and express, so please be patient.

We visited with most of our family and a few of our wonderful friends while we were in Colorado. I listened to stories from the past and learned interesting things about each person. Listening with a heart of acceptance and love helped me to see with different eyes and serve with unconditional generosity. Yes, there were times I wanted to just do what I wanted to do. There were times I was miffed at what was said. There were times I wanted to say what was on MY mind, but didn't. I even stuck my foot in my mouth a couple of times, proving I was not totally selfless.

What did listening teach me? It opened my understanding to the truth that I can find joy in being silent. Voices of loved ones and the opening up of their hearts to me are treasures that I consider precious. I am certain God wanted me to hear and understand those He loves with an everlasting and deep love.

Tomorrow will bring more. Maybe you, too, can find a precious treasure by listening to someone today.

No comments: