Tuesday, July 29, 2008

God is Love

I cannot imagine my life without God. What would the world be like if God turned His back on us? If He existed, and was the Creator of all that exists, but chose to ignore His creation, would life be worth living?

I really cannot imagine what our existence would be like in that condition. The only word that even comes to mind is hell. I know that I couldn't call it life.

It is so much easier for me to put God's touch on human life into words rather than a non-caring God. God is love. With Him, as with love, there must be relationship. But I have known people who profess to believe in the absence of God, or simply do not believe He cares for His creation. How do they go through life ignoring The God who breathes life into their every breath? What darkness overshadows every movement of love that God sets in motion for their pleasure?

God's mission is for us who live in His love to share our experience. I am a part of that mission. I am chosen to love as He does. I must love even those who ignore, or battle against the truth. It is in the power of the Holy Spirit living in me that the darkness can be swept away and the light of His love can pierce the heart of the one He chooses to love.

With Him by my side I conquer my fears, my worries, my doubts and move forward. I come with weapons of love, mercy, grace, hope, and peace. The victory is His! His signature is on my prayer ....

In Christs' Name
I ask in Christs' name
Knowing that when
I ask rightly
His signature is on my prayer.
I work in Christs' name
Understanding that when
I do the right thing
I do only what He would do.
We come together in Christs' name
Believing that when
We are in unity
The world will know His love.
Carolynn J. Scully (c) 2001

No comments: