Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The tastes of vacation!

Planning for my vacation included the tastes I wanted to enjoy as well as staying in control so that I would not come home a size larger than when I left home! I did fine even while being delighted by the tastes of my vacation!

I think we all know the joy of enjoying a meal with family and friends. Jesus, Himself enjoyed wedding feasts, Passovers, snacks along the way as He walked with His disciples, and simple breakfasts by the seashore. Simple or fine foods taste much better in the company of those we love and even moreso when we have not been with them for a time. My vacation meals were delights for my body and soul.

Spaghetti, pizza, pancakes, sandwiches, M&Ms, fresh peaches, and salads, as well as steaks, crab legs, burritos and enchiladas. All these yummy foods were made more delightful because I didn't prepare most of them and they were seasoned with the conversation of love and heart stories. There was one favorite that I enjoyed more than the rest.

The Passkey Special is an Italian Sausage sandwich. It is made like a burger and served with your choice of cheese if you like. The Passkey is a family owned business that has been in Pueblo, CO ever since I can remember. (No, I am not being paid to advertise for them and I am not part of the family!) Long ago when I was little my dad would take us to the tiny store where we would be seved in the car. It was a simple drive-in. Dad and Mom would enjoy the special while we kids would have burgers. Dad was generous in sharing bites of his Passkey. I couldn't wait to be old enough to have one of my own!

Enjoying a Passkey brought back memories and my soul was satisfied along with my tastebuds! If you ever find yourself in Southern Colorado or in Pueblo, CO ,I invite you to experience a delightful sandwich at The Passkey. If I happen to be there we can share the taste of Pueblo together!

No comments: