Thursday, July 3, 2008

God Bless the U.S.A.

I am the patriotic sort of person who cries easily when hearing our "National Anthem" or "God Bless America" or any other patriotic song. I don't really know how I got that way, but I think I have a vague idea.

As I grew up I was told over and over that the U.S.A. was the greatest country in the world. My parents were grateful for the privileges and opportunities we were afforded here as citizens. Thanksgiving was birthed in me for my native land. I thus took to heart that God had placed me in a place that was rich and built on priceless treasures. These treasures were the God given rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

May life flow from the spilt blood of those who gave so freely in service to the people of this great land. May life be valued from its simplest of beginings to its struggling breaths of its endings. May liberty be honored for all. May freedom build its safe and strong boundaries within each self controlled heart. And may the pursuit of happiness never be for ourselves alone but for every people and neighbor.

May our celebration of Country be filled with hope for our future. May God grant us wisdom in seeking the paths to these ageless and foundational ideals we call our own.

God Bless America!

No comments: