Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Communion

This morning I was having breakfast with Jesus and was reminded of one of my recent memory verses: John 15:5 I am the vine you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing.

As I contemplated the verse, I began to think of the communion I have with Jesus. I actually drew a grape vine (rough sketch) in my notebook/journal. The branches were loaded with fruit and all of the parts were united. My conclusion is that in communion with Jesus we produce fruit. Yes, I know it is not a new thought, but it brought a new definition of communion for me.

Communion is remaining in Jesus so we can produce fruit. Producing fruit cannot be done alone. We must do it in unity with Christ and His body.

The symbol of wine at communion will now remind me of this passage as well as the offering of Christs' blood for my sins. Communion is a time to remember that Jesus gave His life blood for our redemption. We are also to remember that we are now united with Christ in producing fruit.

Check out my poetry blog later today. I'll put one of my communion poems there for you to enjoy. http://poetryimpressed.blogspot.com

Thank You Father for coming into communion with me. You presence is my lifeline and my source to producing fruit. May I always remain in You and bring You glory through my efforts to do good works.

No comments: