Thursday, May 14, 2009

Touching My Heart

This morning I was listening to a radio sermon and the Pastor asked this question: What area deeply touches your heart? It started me thinking. I have a list of things that touch my heart, but what one thing deeply touches my heart?

The purpose of the question was to point out my passion for others, or maybe just myself. OUCH! That thought hurts because my list does contain many areas that focus on my needs and my desires. There are some passions for others and their situations though and with these i want to find the one that deeply touches my heart and the one where God would have me place my energies.

How do I discover this passion? I would think whatever it might be would make me stop and respond with emotion and then do something about it. Today is a day I will look for this place in my heart that is deeply touched by someone or a group.

Father, You are the only one who can fill the needs of everyone in the world. You have generously called me to come and help You reach someone and I want to. Open my eyes to see those who need what I have to give. Open my heart to be tender towards others and willing to be touched deeply by their needs. I am so sorry that I have been so self centered and self involved . Turn me around to face what I have been running away from. Thank You for forgiving me.

No comments: