Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Unsafe World

Today's world is an unsafe place for radical Christians. If you are passionate about Christ and live your life following Him as best you can, you can be assured of opposition to your way of thinking. In fact you may be surprised that the world will consider you to be a detriment to society.

Christians are to be silent in the face of objectionable material being forced on them and their children. The opposite it true for the world. They are given every right and encouraged to speak out against any Christian thought or activity that offends them.

Jesus comforts us by telling us that if we am persecuted and hated by the world, we can remember that He was hated first. He has walked this path before us and we can be sure that He continues to accompany each of us as we face our own trials. It is by the power of the Holy Spirit living in us that we can stand firm knowing that the truth will be revealed in the end. 'Til then, let us pray for one another and commit ourselves to proclaim the good news! Someone needs to hear, and some will turn around and follow! One sinner repenting is worth it all!

Lord God, you desire that I be courageous in the face of persecution. I admit that I hide out of fear on occasion, but I want to stand on the rooftops and shout Your good news! You are placing me in positions where my faith will be tested. Give me the desire of my heart to reach the lost and help those who follow my example in following You. Let Your love overcome my fears.

No comments: