Friday, February 5, 2010

I Have to Laugh

After posting my last blog, I have to laugh at myself! I've been scared, worried, angry , frustrated and generally pounced on by the enemy!

Did I anticipate the good in the situations I faced? Well, I can't say I did in all cases. Yep, here I am "anticipating" and I take a small little trip over the edge of forgetfulness. I forgot to anticipate the good that God has for me in every situation. I let my emotions guide me.

Lesson: Let faith guide me not my emotions! Don't just SAY what I believe but DO it!

Father, Please forgive me for not acting on the trust I have in You! forgive my failure to live my life with faith. You are most loving and most faithful in EVERY circumstance and I must live out that truth every day! Thank You for picking me up and letting me see the mud on my face! Now that You have cleansed me from it all I can laugh at my foolishness! You are all I need!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let us laugh and not cry, life often nudges us off the path into a ditch, or just throws a pinch of forgetfulness at us. It’s a wonderful reminder that we are God’s creation and not God himself. Emotions don’t always lead us in the wrong direction, sometimes they cause us to be compassionate and caring. Your joy, your hope, and determination encourage me to continue the fight to stand in difficult places. When I find myself unintentionally by the side of the road it’s good to have a friend, one that will extend a hand of help.

Unknown said...

I like the friends who have struggled best. They are usually not quick to judge, and they really do understand our hurts even if their hurt has not been of the same kind.

Connie, you are one of those "Best" kinds of friends!