Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father of My Children

I am most proud to stand beside the Father of my children. He is a handsom man but that alone could not make me stand beside him with honor.

Patrick is a man who is honest, kind, loving and gentle. He has always been an encouragement to me and so many others. He has a heart that feels deeply the needs of those who hurt. He gives to others even when it causes him discomfort, and comfort is something he really likes!

I have not known many husbands who have sacrificed so much to help their wives achieve their dreams. My man has offered many sacrifices of time, money and even warm comforts to see me reach my dreams. He has generously taken into our home those who have no place to go. He is a man who prays for the needs of others, knowing that the prayers of a righteous man avails much. My man has a huge heart.

Patricks heart holds his past, present, and future with tenderness and as priceless treasures to be enjoyed. He brings interest into our lives through intelligent conversation, expanding my friendships and challenges that stretch me in directions I never thought I would go. There is abundant life with him by my side!

My man is my friend and lover, my delight and blessing, my touch from God. More than these, he is a Dad who finds joy in watching his children live life. He is their strength when things go wrong. He is a father who has provided, loved, and instructed his children by example!

This man of mine, my childrens' Dad, is honored today for giving the best of himself even when it has been hard. Thanks, Hon. May God grant you the satisfaction of seeing your dreams fulfilled.

Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments: