Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fireworks

Today begins our firework tent sale. You cannot imagine the hard work that goes into putting out the packages, and set up all the safety needs. My body aches from head to toe!

Is all of the effort worth it? Well, sometimes it is and yet, sometimes I do wonder even though we can vacation with the money earned. The people are wonderful and the patriotic excitement gives me hope for our country. But then I do worry about those who misuse the fireworks and get hurt, sometimes seriously injuring themselves or others.

Please be careful if you use fireworks. Take the time to read the safety materials and be prepared with water buckets and / or hoses. My prayers are always with each of you who celebrate with fireworks, but it never hurts to use common sense!

No comments: