Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sun Queen

Bright yellow
splattered on a delightfully blue canvass
stretching as far as the eye can see.

I like it best
~when the sun does not
blaze across the sky
crowding out the deepness of the blue and
beating down on the helpless earth
like a tyrant commanding attention and
invading the universe;
~when the suns' heat does not
weigh heavy on my shoulders,
stifle my breath,
closes my eyes and
pushes me to lie down and sleep.
~when the sky is wide and free
and I feel as if I could
rise up and fly,
soaring and playing in the air;
~when the sun reigns with mercy,
allowing the sky to compliment her beauty
and the white puffy clouds to dance
in her presence and
a soft cool breeze is allowed to
brush the earth with blessing
as it sings a soft melody
to refresh and uplift my heart.

(c) 2008

No comments: