Monday, June 22, 2009

Disconnected Feelings

I have always been a very sensitive person, empathizing with others, maybe even more than i should, for my own mental health. Lately, however, i have been disconnected from those heavy duty feelings and even when I am not, I only work towards not caring so deeply.

I still don't know if it is right or wrong to feel deeply or to let emotions break into pieces shattered beyond recognition. I know I don't feel like "myself" but also trying to learn the lessons that God is guiding me through. Who knows, maybe my real self has been hidden under all those feelings for others. In any case I know that somehow god will see me through and it will come out for my good.

Father, I want to feel again as I used to. I feel so disconnected lately and though others seem to think it is a good thing, I am just not sure that I need to conform to others emotional personalities. I need You to guide me through to the truth. I need You to fill me with Yourself so that i can be who You desire me to be! I will continue to lay down my feelings and my desires, but only to You.

No comments: