Thursday, June 11, 2009

Renewing My Mind

This year I have memorized 5 verses of scripture so far. John 15:5, Psalm 20:7, Matthew 22:37-38, John 14:21, Romans12:1-2. I have also been disciplining myself to think about the things I want in my life. All of these things are helping to renew my mind and keep me focused on my goal of becoming more Christ-like.

Here are some of the things I want out of life :
-to be a giver not a taker
-to focus on others not myself
-to put Christ first in everything
-to enjoy life and live abundantly
-to not let fear rule my life
-to accept that I need others
-to know I am needed.

There are probably many more ideals for which I strive. To be Christ-like is not one dimensional. Jesus was full and complete in His humanity and that is what I want also! I want to be fully who He wants me to be!

It all starts with my thinking. And so, I pour God's word and his plans for my life into my thoughts. As I do I will start to believe and obey. What about you? How do you renew your mind?

All knowing God! You know my thoughts and my heart. You know my desires, failures and capabilities. You have promised me a plan for living life abundantly and I am seeking to find that plan in You! Teach me.

No comments: