Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not of This World

I carry a dual citizenship. The Kingdom of God is my home. I also hold citizenship in the United States of America.

During my childhood, I found my U.S.A. citizenship to be the most discussed within the family more than the other. Patriotism was desired and celebrated. I became an adult who held the red, white, and blue in high esteem and honor. It is with much grief that today, though my heart still beats with pride in our foundations, I am finding myself to be embarrassed to be an American.

My patriotism is reserved for more private times now because to cheer my country seems to endorse its legalization of sin. I am ashamed that we as a people would so easily let our freedoms slip away from us. I am ashamed that we would embrace the killing of our most vulnerable citizens as a legal and justifiable way to end a pregnancy. Turning over our freedoms to a bureaucratic government, living greedy lives that gives no thought to others or to our beautiful land, and the lack of involvement and understanding of our political processes makes me so very sad and embarrassed to love this place I call home.

Oh, I still bleed red, white, and blue, and always will. I weep for the strong moral and high valued heritage we are quickly losing. I need to shout before it is too late! WAKE UP AMERICA!! WE ARE LOSING THE BEST OF WHO WE ARE!

On the other hand, I will never be ashamed to be a part of the Kingdom of God! It is Heaven that is my real home. If only I can bring a little heaven here! That is why I pray for revival!

Lord God, King over all the earth, set our hearts on fire for You and Your ways! Break our stubborn wills and free us to live for You! My heart is yours, I do not want to withhold anything from You!

No comments: