Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crying Truth

I woke up this morning feeling as if I wanted to cry. I am not sure why, but I think it might be part of what I am studying for Bible Study. The belt of truth is essential for all spiritual warfare. One of the questions being asked is, "Am I fully honest with God, myself and others?"

That question has made me search my heart. I've had to go deeper and deeper, because though I may hide things from others, I do work at being honest with myself before God. To be honest, however, there are times when I try to cover my true feelings and motives from myself and God. I am sure it is not intentional, but it is also not beneficial.

If I am to tell myself the truth, I must admit that hiding is something I do when I know, or think I am wrong. When I know I have crossed the line it does no good to try to cover over my sin. There can be no healing or forgiveness unless it is brought to God and confessed. Running away before knowing the truth and letting God shine His light in and through me is tiring and useless. When we go to God we will know the truth and it will set us free.

So what are my tears for today? Today my tears are for the truth that one of the desires of my heart has been lost. I have tears for the fears that hold me back from doing what needs to be done. Now that the tears have been shed, and I have agreed with God that I have been keeping these hidden from Him, I can rest in His knowing, loving and healing presence.

Being fully honest with God is being in the center of His heart. It is the safe place to be. Hiding places are where the shadows lie. The only safe hiding place is within the light of Truth in Christ. It is in this hideout that we are safe from the enemy's attacks.

You are the One True God, Father. You are my hiding place and in You I can be secure in even the most difficult truths. Sometimes I try to run away from Your truth only to find myself in a battle much bigger than the battle with the truth. Thank You for being patient with me while I open my heart to the truth. Search me O God, and know my heart. Open my eyes to the truth within myself and the Truth of You!

No comments: