Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Search Me, O God

Looking within my heart is tough. It is most difficult after I've been accused by the devil or someone I care about. It is tough to hear my failing from God, also, but He brings love and forgiveness along with His correction.

I've been searching through my relationships, my actions and my thoughts to see if there is any thing within me that goes against what I know to be true. I haven't liked everything I have seen. It makes me sad and I know repentance is the cure.

Some of the questions I have asked myself are:
* Am I being transparent and totally honest with myself, my husband, family, and friends?
* Am I being kind and loving in the honest communication I am involved in?
* Am I doing what I know I should ? Am I obedient to God in what He has revealed in His word and in His urgings throughout my day?
* Are my thoughts centered on the truth and what is good and pure? Am I choosing to forgive others and put them higher than myself?

There are more questions, but you get the idea. Tough questions. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes I must confront myself more than I'd like to confront others!

My truth rests in God. He sheds light in the dark places of my heart. He reveals my failings only because He loves me. He is with me in the revelation, in the decision, in the repentance, and in the healing and restoration. Unlike those who would point accusing fingers, He opens His arms to welcome me into His embrace.

O Ancient of Days, You alone have the right to judge. You judge rightly! You are merciful, loving and faithful in Your judgements.You are truth! I fail so often along the way to the eternal home You have provided. I need Your presence to lead me into truth and to make me more like Your Son Jesus. Thank You for being God! Thank You for the power to overcome by the blood of The Lamb and the word of my testimony. I trust You! "Search me O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments: