Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Checking the List

Shopping. Wrapping. Baking. Decorating. Partying. What is missing? Checking over my to-do list for a Merry Christmas season I sometimes forget one of the most important items on my list.

Actually that one item includes a list of its own. Visiting with Jesus doesn't mean whispering a prayer on the run out the door. It includes, quieting myself, sharing my heart, listening to His wisdom, enjoying His presence, giving Him first place in my day all through the day.

I have a very good reason to put Jesus on my list, because He has put me on His list! He makes me a priority! He listens to every prayer. He cares about every need. He is always with me. Most importantly He has put my name in the Book of Life through His own sacrifice!

Today I will not only begin my day visiting with Jesus, I'll share my entire day with Him, good and bad. He is the reason for the season, the reason for every season of my life.

No comments: